There are a lot of advantages to hosting an offsite meeting. Here are our top 5 reasons to consider using the Meeting Facility at SmartPoint Research as an offsite venue.
Top 5 reasons provided by Grand Connection, an event planning company in Grand Rapids, MI.
5 reasons to consider using an offsite venue
1. Productivity and focus. When people attend offsite meetings, they’re not distracted and they’re more fully engaged. So much gets done through interactive engagement.
2. Face-to-face networking time. Today’s technology makes it easy for us to communicate regularly, quickly, and inexpensively through email and videoconferencing. But there’s no substitute for meeting in person when understanding each other is critical. Sitting in the same room together, you’re able to pick up on non-verbal cues that can be easily missed over the phone or via video chat. Don’t underestimate the hand gestures, facial expressions—especially by the members of the group who don’t have the floor—and other nuances that allow members to better relate to one another.
3. Camaraderie. Team building exercises are an important component of many offsite meetings, and for good reason. There’s incredible value in working together in a different realm. For example, if your team building exercises includes a creative challenge, like an art battle, the team has to capitalize on people’s creative minds. Such exercises allow team members to see each other in a different light and abilities emerge that may not be apparent in day-to-day budget meetings.
4. Tech boost. While many of your conference rooms may be outfitted with technology we use regularly, using a different facility could provide you with access to different or newer technology. Oftentimes, this access allows you to be more creative both with what you present and how you present it. When presentations are more engaging, people tend to get more out of them, making meeting time more effective. It’s a win-win.
5. Encourage creativity. Taking meetings offsite is especially important to consider when you’re making strategic decisions, providing employees with career-enhancing training, or want to promote brainstorming. We’ve all been in conference rooms where we’ve met time and time again. When this happens, people tend to take the same seat and stare out the same window. Similar to familial roles, co-workers can also cling to their “place” in the group. By moving your meeting to an offsite location, you lift some of these barriers that stifle creativity. Offsite venues also enable employees to break out of their “office personality” and relate to one another in different ways, which can generate meaningful, creative ideas.
Newsletter adapted from Experience Grand Rapids blog post, Benefits of Offsite Meetings and Tips for Successfully Planning One.
To reserve a meeting space today, please phone our Facility Administrator, Justine Lilgert at 604-484-4111 ext. 1500 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
‘We have been using SmartPoint Research meeting facilities for regular quarterly meetings for almost 2 years. The room is great – loads of natural light, well set-up with comfortable chairs – always a plus when having long meetings! Justine makes it easy to book the room and makes sure everything is ready upon our arrival. Should we have forgotten something it has always been taken care of quickly.’ – Susan Deans, CFO/Director Administration at Wasserman + Partners Advertising
To see more of our Google+ reviews click here.