Dear Fellow Researchers,
Recently a few colleagues in the industry shared with me that there was some confusion regarding the ownership of SmartPoint Research. With that, I wanted to take a moment to clarify any misperceptions as there have been some important changes since the fall of 2015:
- Last September I acquired SmartPoint Research in its entirety from the previous owner, Daniela Hassman.
- During this time, we decided to close our focus group facility in Vancouver and focus our investment on nation-wide recruiting services. We also moved our head office to the Greater Toronto Area.
- Insights West, a Vancouver-based research agency, acquired our old office space and reopened the facility as Vancouver Insights Centre. Following the re-opening of the facility, we formed a strategic business relationship with them, whereby:
- SmartPoint Research would continue to manage rentals for Vancouver’s highly regarded focus group facility.
- SmartPoint Research would work with the new facility owners to ensure that the level of service would remain consistent with the bar set by SmartPoint Research over the past many years.
- SmartPoint Research would continue to recruit and deliver high quality respondents with exceptional show rates.
If you have any questions about the acquisition, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Simultaneously, if you’re in the need for facility rentals and/or recruitment services across the country, we encourage you to get in touch with the experts at SmartPoint Research.
President & Owner
P.S. Happy Family Day long weekend to everyone in BC and Happy SuperBowl weekend to those that follow. Though I’m based in Ontario, my son and I will be celebrating both!